FIRST CONTACT

skeletonjamboree@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

OH MERCY Q&A

SKELETON JAMBOREE QUESTIONS OH MERCY LEADSINGER, ALEXANDER GOW


1- Ola! How are you? Where are you? Staying out of trouble?

Hello! Good thankyou. I'm in bed in my place in Brooklyn. I've been drinking cheap beer.



2- So you guys just played SXSW? How was that? / Make any new friends? / Who did you see and who was a highlight?

It was fantastic. We rented a house just outside of town and it was ace. Made friends with some squirrels. We saw snoop dogg, midlake and the veils. It was the best.



3- How's the U.S of A trip going as a whole? / Favourite venue/crowd/city? / Any interesting/funny stories you'd like to share?

I love it here. L.A was surreal, i look forward to going back there. Not many humerous stories. Well, a very famous old man actor was not impressed that i was talking to a beautiful young woman that i think he was fond of... but i shouldn't go into details.



4- How does the U.S scene compare to Australia's?

I dont know mate. I'm just having a great time writing & recording in my place in brooklyn. I don't get into the in's and out's of the scene.



5- You were recently nominated for the AMP award. How did that make you feel? Were you dissapointed not to win or just happy to be nominated in the first place?

We were extremely happy to get nominated. It's a great honour to be short listed amongst such great talent. We actually won the 'runners up' prize for the amp. It's called the 'red bull award for outstanding potential'.



6- I sense you're obviously big fans of The Thrills, how have they influenced you in the way you write and record your music? / Who else has influenced you, musically/non musically?

I love the Thrills. Their sounds and approach was very influential early on. Still is. I love 60's pop, like nancy sinatra, dusty springfield and lee hazlewood. I also love the classic songwriters like leonard cohen, bob dylan, lou reed and bruce springsteen. Outside of music my wonderful family inspires and supports me.



7- Who's your favourite artist at the moment? What song is on repeat on the ghettoblaster?

Canvas Kites - Wayside.



8- What were you before you were musicians? What would you be doing if you weren't musicians?

We have always made music. We are kind of a 'high school band'. We came straight out of highschool into our part time jobs with our mind on the band. I would like to be a gardener one day.



9- What's the best kind of 4am feed after a night out?

Vegimite and cheese saladas with chili sauce.


10- What's next for Oh Mercy?

We are about to make our second album. Very excited!

OH MERCY'S 'PRIVILIGED WOES' IS OUT NOW
www.myspace.com/ohmercyband

No comments:

Post a Comment